Stop wasting money at the store. Most of what you need to keep your home spic and span could already be hiding in your pantry. So here are some tried and tested remedies for your small household issues. Use these hacks to makes the most of what’s around your house.
12. Hand lotion gets rid of winter clothing static cling.
Rub some hand lotion on your hands and then on your clothes.
11. Remove sticker residue with baking soda.
Want to re-use a bottle? Just apply a bit of baking soda on the residue and then just wash it away.
10. Nail polish works wonders to secure a screw.
Before screwing the screw in, just apply a little nail polish in the hole.
9. Got your hands full? Prevent the door from locking with a rubber band.
Tie the rubber band on both sides of the door knob, making sure the lock is pressed.
8. Make your stainless steel shine and remove eye makeup with olive oil.
Rub the olive oil on your pans, leave it on and then wash away. For eye make-up put a few drops of olive oil on a cotton ball and gentle wipe away.
7. Wilting flower stems? Use a straw to firmly hold up the soft stems.
Insert the soft stem through the straw and place in water. They should last a few more days.
6. Lemons keep fruits like apples and pears from browning.
A few drops of lemons juice and keep your fruit looking freshly chopped.
5. A hairdryer will clear up crayon marks or wax spills in jiffy.
Just blow dry the stain on high heat until the wax melts and then wipe it away.
4. Do everyone a favour by sticking a dryer sheet into smelly sneakers.
It absorbs the smell and freshens them up too.
3. Tomatoes wrapped in newspaper will ripen them faster.
Wrap them up and leave them in the fridge for a couple of days.
2. Fertilize your flowers like azaleas and rhododendrons using coffee grounds.
Just chuck the leftover coffee grounds into the soil.
1. Toothpaste removes blemishes as well as getting garlic and fish odors from your hands.
After washing your face just dab a little bit of toothpaste on blemish marks. Rub a little toothpaste on your hands and then wash up, they’ll be smelling minty fresh in no time.