Facts from history of technology
The world of technology is a fascinating one. It keeps on amazing us from time to time and just when one thinks that one has had enough, it comes back with a bang. With the passage of time and the inception of new technological gadgets and marvels its history became an interesting one. Here are a few fun facts from the early era of technological evolution:
1. It took radio 38 years, the television 13 and the internet only 4 years to reach 50 million users.
2. The computer mouse was invented by Doug Engelbart in 1963, It was made out of wood.
3. Early hard disk in personal computers held only 20 MB of data and cost around $800. Now the price of 2-3 GB flash drive is $8.
4. Rear Admiral Grace Hopper was not only the first female admiral in US navy but is also known in the computer world for creating COBOL. She also came up with the term “debugging’ after having removed a moth from a computer.
5. Computing power in today’s cell phones is higher than the processing power of all the computers in the Apollo 11 Lunar Lander that put 2 men on the moon.