Alright folks, listen up; it is time to start saving if you plan on purchasing Apple’s next iPhone, iPhone X/8, that is slated to appear in the market this fall with a whole new design. The upcoming model will be the ‘special 10th-anniversary edition’ of the iPhone and is expected to cost over $1,000 price mark. This price tag has been deduced based on a lot of rumors that are flying around sourced at Apple’s Asian supply chain.
Apple’s new iPhone is expected to feature a new kind of screen, OLED, that will exhibit better battery efficiency along with darker blacks. Just to give you an idea of the pricing, iPhone 7 starts at $650. It is also being rumored that the supply will be short at the launch.
According to Sullivan, the iPhone 8 – to be named iPhone X most likely – will have the following features;
- A 5.8-inch OLED screen.
- Sides made of “forged stainless steel” and a back made of glass. This confirms what the KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said.
- The home button along with the fingerprint sensor will be built into the screen. The screen will be from edge to edge. There are also news of power and volume button being removed from the device.
- iPhone X will feature a double camera similar to iPhone 7 Plus.
- iPhone X will also feature a new 3D sensing technology that is being supplied by Lumentum. It has been confirmed by a source that has knowledge of Lumentum’s business that Lumentum was one of the 3D sensing suppliers for the upcoming iPhone.
- A launch date in the fall — most likely in September, as always.
Whether these rumors turn out to be true or not, remains to be seen. However, you can be sure of one thing; Apple’s iPhone X will definitely leave you in a state of awe.