Microsoft’s newest addition to the console world, the Xbox One, is selling much better than its predecessor, the Xbox 360. Despite the amazing sales, the Xbox One is still lagging behind Sony’s PlayStation 4. However, all that may be about to change because Microsoft are set to announce some major surprises at next week’s Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, E3 2016.
The company will have a lot of pre-announced game to show off during its presentation but they might also be the only ones to reveal some new hardware as well after Sony and Nintendo confirmed that they will not be bringing out the PS4 Neo or the NX respectively. The E3 event is scheduled to start at 9:30 a.m. Pacific Time on June 13, 2016.
A list of games announced at the E3 in 2015 still aren’t out and will make the bulk of Microsoft’s presentation. But this list is about the only thing we know for sure about this presentation and everything else is only rumored. Here is the list of games that will definitely feature in Microsoft’s plan at the E3 2016:
- Crackdown 3
- Halo Wars 2
- Gears of War 4
- Windows 10
However, the rumor mill has been going round and round and it is expected that Microsoft will make some, if not all, of the announcements mentioned below:
- A third-party marketing deal: Much like the partnership with Bethesda for Fallout 4 last year, a big marketing deal may be announced with the most likely candidate being Mass Effect: Andromeda.
- Xbox One Scorpio: Microsoft also had its own rumored console like Sony and Nintendo called the Scorpio but it is unlikely to be announced this year because of Microsoft’s attention to Xbox Slim.
- Xbox One Slim: Microsoft have been working on their compact version of Xbox One which is 40% smaller and will probably announce it next week at the E3.
- Xbox Streaming Stick and boxes: Xbox will commercialize itself and grow as a brand. Releasing specific products like the Apple-style streaming sticks that can play some games and movies via set-top boxes, fully compatible with Microsoft’s Universal Windows Platform powered app store.
- Some Major Sequels of Legendary Games: Xbox has been planning sequels of some legendary games and it is expected that they will announce games like State of Decay 2, Dead Rising 4, Forza Horizon 3 and Sea of Thieves next week. Preparation and negotiations with the respective game developers has been well underway for quite some time.